 Robotics / 18047
Re: Request for designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 02:20:23 GMT

Dean Hystad wrote:

I am writing up some coaches training materials for First LEGO League (FLL)
in Minneapolis MN and I need some help with examples of various robot
designs.  I plan on covering:

Platforms:
Differential Drive (2 drive wheels, 1 or more casters)
Differential Skid (tracks or wheels)
Steered wheels (front wheel and four wheel steering)
Tricycle drive
Articulated steering
Other?

I think you should toss in some weird ones:

Bipeds, Quadrupeds. Shrimps. Killough platforms (a personal favorite of mine).
Er - those weird wheels that have rollers instead of treads so they can
roll smoothly sideways - what are those called? Snake-like motion.
Track-following (eg Monorails, cable-cars, railroad engines).
What about those suction cup contraptions that can climb vertical sheets
of glass?

I believe all of the above have been built from Lego parts at one time or
another.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net