 Robotics / 14968
Re: robotica on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 00:31:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dean Hystad writes:
I'm also a HUGE fan of that other British series "Scrapheap" (known as
"Junkyard Wars" here in the USA - because...em...well)...a bunch of guys
are dumped in the middle of a massive junkyard with the task of building
some maniac machine in 8 hours from only the scrap laying around them.
Two teams do this - and at the end the contraptions they build compete
in some way.

My 6 year-old daughter and I enjoy a nice big bowl of popcorn each Monday
night while we watch Junkyard Wars.

I have heard that Junkyard Wars will be moving to California.  Has anyone
else heard that rumor.  Also, I notice that they are looking for ideas.
Maybe we should all visit the web site and suggest that we would like to see
an autonomous robot that does "blank."  Then we could see if TLC could
actually have someone create a real robot for display on TV.  Think they
could seed the junkyard with Mindstorm parts?

Steven