 Robotics / 14967
Re: calculating sensor resistance (Ohm's Law)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 00:18:34 GMT

Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote:
: the inside of the RCX (in touch-sensor mode) is ok, and Ohm's law is also.

I actually used temperature sensor mode, since I wanted a passive mode
that wasn't just boolean. Would that have made a difference?

: So the problem lies probably in the sensor used. The cheap resistive
: pressure sensors are totally non-linear, more expensive sensors are
: full bridges and you've to use a more complex cirquit.  What sensor
: are you using ?

Information on the sensor we used is at:
http://www.interlinkelec.com/technology/page01.htm if you click on FSR
guide. Our sensors are "Part #402".

The resistances we got range from a little under 1K (at 5V) to 10M
(<1V), which makes sense, I guess. Looks like the problem then is in
our conversion from resistance to force. Back to the manual...

-l