 Robotics / 14922
Re: robotica on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:54:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steven Combs writes:
I share you pain.  These are not, by true definition, robots.  When they
require a robot to be autonomous then I will take notice.  I know our
robotics competition here at the college specifically states that the robots
must be autonomous
[snip]

Indeed!  They are not by ANY definition robots. When I saw the spots a long
time ago on TLC hinting at a new robotics competition, I visited the site
and signed up. I actually spent a fair amount of time jumping through
strange hoops, supplying personal information, receiving duplicate emails
sent from TLC, etc, etc.  When I found out it was an R/C competition, NOT a
robotics competition I was a bit peeved.  I sent quite a long email to the
coordinator at TLC with no response.  Hmmph

I would really like to see some REAL ROBOTIC competitions televised...

Rich

rich at brickbots dot com