 Robotics / 14913
Re: robotica on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:10:40 GMT

I share your frustration and agree, they are by no means robots.  Are remote
controlled planes, boats and cars robots?  I have watched BattleBots a few
times but got bored with it for similar reasons.  The unfortunate thing is
that your typical couch potato may not discern the difference.  TV is often
a terrible educator.

IMHO,
Bob

In lugnet.robotics, David Buhl writes:
After seeing all the commercials for the past couple of weeks, I was looking
forward to this show on TLC called "Robotica".
What a disappointment.
Where were the robots?
They kept talking about robots the whole time.
Maybe I'm missing something here, all I saw were purely constructed (for the
tasks) remote controlled vehicles (are these robots?) operated by people who
don't know how to operate a remote control.
--

David