 Robotics / 14797
Re: Shutting off illumination LED on Light Sensor for LIDAR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:33:04 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Chris 'Xenon' Hanson) writes:

   Someone else mentioned that LegOS is able to read the light
sensor 'passively' without illuminating the LED. Any LegOS
folks here know what they do differently?

That's not a legOS feature.  You just set the input port to passive mode,
and read it in RAW mode.  There is an example in NQC at
http://www.mop.no/~simen/legoproxi.htm (I forgot to add the address in my

   I keep seeing references to Gasperi's web page as having a
schematic of the lego Light Sensor, which would be helpful,
but I haven't found it on his site yet (too much great stuff
to dig through). If anyone has a direct URL to the sensor
schematic, I'd appreciate it.

You can find light sensor schematics on Michael Gasperi's page:
http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/light.htm

bye
Bernardo