 Robotics / 14796
14795  |  14797
Subject:
Ideas for new sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:37:48 GMT

I have a very basic question, on the subject of new sets and
themes and so on;

If technic "was" a viable medium for kids with latent engineering
skills to learn with, why are those kinds of sets not still available?

If Lego were selling to the same customer base, they would have
to continually renew their offerings, but they're not. They're have a
never ending supply of new customers all the time!

So if "we", the ones who have been lucky enough to have gained
the benefits of some very creative set design in the past, maintain
an interest in the product because of its earlier appeal, who of the
new generation of bionicle builders will be wistfully thinking of how
wonderfully rich and functional those sets had been?

I guess what I'm asking is; why isn't the technic concept of a
highly flexible mechnical building toy still valid?

JB