 Robotics / 14802
14801  |  14803
Subject:
LEGO capacitor cares about polarity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:33:39 GMT

I found some information about the LEGO capacitor that might help close this
discussion at
    http://www.lego.com/dacta/hardware/capacitor.asp

Electrical Characteristics
- 1 Farad @ 2.5 Volts Capacity or about 3.125 joules
- Operating voltage 2.5 Volts normal, 4 Volts Charging Max.
- 250 mA Maximum charging/discharging current
- Red LED flashes when fully charged to 2.5 Volts
- The LEGO Capacitor is protected against reverse polarity charging and will
not fully charge in this case.

Cautions
- Observe polarity when charging the LEGO Capacitor