 Robotics / 13506
Re: batteries? RCX/CYBERMASTER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 15:54:16 GMT

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

Hooking up any non-Lego powersource seems to me like asking for trouble in
case of the Cybermaster. It hasn't been designed with a external power
socket, so AC might (would?) kill it, and even DC seems tricky. Probably
doesn't have a voltage regulator so a cheap 9v DC converter, which
sometimes outputs almost 12v when under light load, might blow up
something.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com

Hi, I've just purchased my CyberMatser, and I already have some 20 questions.
Here are some battery related:

How many mA does the Tower Unit consume?
How many mA does the Mobile Unit consume with both internal motors and the external active?
Would a 7809 (and a couple of capacitors) stabilize the voltage safe enough?

The reason I ask is I plan to make a wooden dummy 9v battery for the Tower with two wood screws serving as electrods,
wired to a 9v DC converter.
Maybe also two 1.5v for the Mobile Unit, but that would not be really that practital as it is just mobile...

--
Tore Eriksson
Sweden

ICQ: 76066510