 Robotics / 11537
Re: batteries? RCX/CYBERMASTER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 04:05:23 GMT

Guido Heunen wrote:

Hi

I used a normal 9V battery instead of the six 1.5V ("six pack") and that
works well if you hook up the 9V connection well. However, my radio tower
does something but my cybermaster does not respond (no flashing of led when
tower led flashes). So, well not enough power left in batteries I thought.

The RCX will work off about 7volts as long as you don't use too many motors.

Or my last alternative. A ready to buy transformer 9V DC ? Would this work?

If you have RCX 1.0 with power adapter port you can use any 9~12 volt adapter.
The lego train ones work great. AC or DC.

For the RCX 1.5, scout and CYBERMASTER I've been working on an adapter for it.

Basically it will have a relay onboard with polarity correction and overload
protection.

You attach it to the battery polls. (Leaving the batteries in) When power is
detected it switches over. When power is lost it transfers back to internal
batteries.

It won't be ready for another month though...

I just won't spend anymore all my money on batteries.....

I know the feeling...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html