 Robotics / 11532
11531  |  11533
Subject:
batteries? RCX/CYBERMASTER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 17:18:19 GMT

Hi

I used a normal 9V battery instead of the six 1.5V ("six pack") and that
works well if you hook up the 9V connection well. However, my radio tower
does something but my cybermaster does not respond (no flashing of led when
tower led flashes). So, well not enough power left in batteries I thought.

I investigated the possibility to use rechargable batteries for my
cybermaster. But, as you probably know, this is not possible since
a 6 pack gives in total only 7.2 Volts. So, I thought, let's take a 9V
rechargable. Unfortunatelly this battery holds 8.4V max.

So can you tell me how you dealt with this? (I imagine that the power supply
of the cybermaster resembles to the one of the RCX)

I am thinking of using my train speed selector. It has a transformer (9v,
unfortunatelly AC!) which goes into the speed selector of the train track.
The output of this selector goes Normally to the tracks. I am planning to
connect is to the cybermaster with the right polarity (of course). Did
anyone try this?  I remember that the train transformer can deliver more
than 1 ampere. Won't this fry my
cybermaster.

Or my last alternative. A ready to buy transformer 9V DC ? Would this work?

I just won't spend anymore all my money on batteries.....

Guido