 Robotics / 12257
12256  |  12258
Subject:
Limited slip differential
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:47:23 GMT

Hello all!

As I was tinkering with some of the new-style differentials, I discovered
that the claw-clutches (used to couple a free-turning 16 teeth gear to an
axle in the 8880 Supercar and in the Space Shuttle) can be used to let both
output axles of the differential turn at the same speed.  Now you could say
that it would be much easier to use a stiff axle, but with this setup I can
toggle it on and off, thus creating a 100% Lego, compact, effective, limited
slip differential.

I don't know if someone else already pointed this out, but I thought it
could be of interest.

Don't stop constructing...

Simon