 Robotics / 12278
Re: Limited slip differential
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:01:33 GMT

Interesting.  I assume you're talking about the white gear-looking
thingy that comes with 8735.  Where would you put it?  In the center
peg within the diff?

- Greg

Simon Bogaert wrote:

Hello all!

As I was tinkering with some of the new-style differentials, I discovered
that the claw-clutches (used to couple a free-turning 16 teeth gear to an
axle in the 8880 Supercar and in the Space Shuttle) can be used to let both
output axles of the differential turn at the same speed.  Now you could say
that it would be much easier to use a stiff axle, but with this setup I can
toggle it on and off, thus creating a 100% Lego, compact, effective, limited
slip differential.

I don't know if someone else already pointed this out, but I thought it
could be of interest.

Don't stop constructing...

Simon

--

G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com

"Indian, indian, what did you die for?  Indian says 'Nothing at all.'"
-- Jim Morrison