 Robotics / 12286
Re: Limited slip differential
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 02:28:35 GMT

I thought you were a native English speaker :)

One question I have: how to you engage and disenage the lock? Is this automatic?
Is the mechanism more mechanical or more electronic?

-Brian

Simon Bogaert wrote:

Not that I want to be pedantic, but I think what you have proposed • actually
makes a differential lock as opposed to a limited slip differential, as • the
latter actually allows some difference between the speeds of the two • output
axles, whereas putting the claw clutch into the diff will totally lock • them
together.
Of course you're right, and I did realise this, but as English isn't my
native language and my technical dictionary only translates from English to
Dutch, I didn't knew the correct term.

Thanks for the tip,
You're welcome!

Don't stop constructing...