 Robotics / 12258
Re: IR to FM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 02:20:47 GMT

As I am constructing an RC guided Lego Car (No, I don't want to buy a • 5600.
I want to create it all out of individual Lego bricks.), I thought it must
be able to make an IR to FM link, like those little things you see to
transmit IR signals of your remote control to your telly via FM.  Has • anyone
constructed such a device?  I don't want to use a Cybermaster, because I
don't own one and it weighs too much.  I think I'll have to use two RCX's:
one in the car and one in the transmitter.

Let me know what you think about this...

Simon

I am currently working on this very project.  I have decided to use 2 RCX's
as I want to keep the project strictly Mindstorms.  I realize that IR won't
allow the car to go very far from the controller, but I'll live with that.
Unfortunately I only have one RCX at this time.  I have completed the
prototype of the controller first as I thought that would be easiest.  The
controller uses two rotation sensors (forward/reverse & left/right) and a
touch sensor (for the turbo button).  I should have a DAT file available
this week.  The source code written in NQC uses the SendMessage() command to
tell the car what to do.  Again, it's hard to test the program with only one
RCX :)

Ryan

--

http://members.home.net/rjschave