 Robotics / 12265
RE: IR to FM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:58:15 GMT

Simon wrote:

As I am constructing an RC guided Lego Car (No, I don't want to buy a 5600.
I want to create it all out of individual Lego bricks.), I thought it must
be able to make an IR to FM link, like those little things you see to
transmit IR signals of your remote control to your telly via FM.  Has anyone
constructed such a device?  I don't want to use a Cybermaster, because I
don't own one and it weighs too much.  I think I'll have to use two RCX's:
one in the car and one in the transmitter.

Simon, Check out my RCX Servo driver. This lets you drive up to 6! servos
from the three RCX outputs. The miodule is easy to build, but I'm
thinking of making it avaialble in board form. Any interest out there?

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/servos/index.html>

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>