 Publishing / 1324
Re: Merchandising (was: Re: Any one know these email addresses?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 19:33:03 GMT

Agreed with Jasper and Matt on shape

Small radius rounded corners, yes. Round, no. The corners are places I
go to a lot on my screen. (upper left is window close, upper right is
Office Toolbar properties, lower left is start button for less
frequently used programs, lower right is tray, which has realplayer,
taskmanager, power control, dialer, virus checker and a bunch of other
gadgets in it)

Also with Jasper on surface. Cloth please. No traction on plastic.

Also with Jasper on thickness. Thicker is better, up to about 3/8 of an
inch, at which point we're getting ridiculous. Sometimes I have surface
irregularities on the table, stand, airplane tray, whatever, that I
happen to be using. Thicker means more likely to be able to smooth those
over.

Matthew Miller wrote:

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
p.s.  Here's a low-res version of the design likely to be used for the
round mousepads:  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/logo/mousepads.html
I like the design, but 20 cm round? It's unusable - too small. 20 cm
square works, though.

Agreed; round mousepads are the work of satan.

Well, unless you have a round monitor.