 Pirates / 3970 (-20)
  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

"Felix Greco" <pggreco@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:Hzs2oB.1CHE@lugnet.com... (...) I'm curious why the space folk always seem to need to declare war on other themes? Frank (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I agree whole-heartedly, but as you might recall we had the vote a while back. And I specifically remember one of my favorite sets being on the voting list... [LEGOSet 6941] But, we got the Black Seas Barracuda instead. Democracy is a burden. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Serpent (and a mermaid figurehead)

"Daniel Yuhas" <screaminecstasy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HzMFI6.12ss@lugnet.com... (...) Nice. I'm a big fan of minor modifications of stock sets. My Red Seas Barracuda is mostly a re-coloration of the Black Seas Barracuda, though it does (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast Platforms.

(...) I like that idea, but I think I only have one of those hook plate pieces. I have a bunch of the 1x2 hook plates where the hook points up though. Here's the idea I had, although the pictures don't explain it well at all. (URL) used one of those (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  The Serpent (and a mermaid figurehead)

The Serpent is a merchant ship, although for the pictures, I just put a few random minifigures on it. It is basically the Emperor's ship or whatever from the Adventure line, but a few tiny changes that I made so that I like it better. (URL) smallest (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast Platforms.

(...) Here's an idea I've used, using the top beam holes of the lower mast section and the 1x4 hook-plates that you usually use to make beams: (URL) that gets the idea across well enough) Michael (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Mast Platforms.

I have 3 masts I want to use in a ship I'm building in the future, probably around August. I'm gathering parts for it. I don't have any platforms for the masts. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to make platforms that will fit on the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Gaming Schedule Updated

(...) Hmm, I live near Tacoma, WA. If it's in the late part of July, I might be able to come down. I'm moving into a new house on June 25th, so the first part of the month is right out. (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Pirate Gaming Schedule Updated

See (URL) the Pirate Gaming Schedule> for the latest on when Pirate Gaming will occur. In addition to Origins, GenCon, and BrickFest which have already been discussed, I'm planning on hosting a Pirate Game at my apartment near Portland Oregon some (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  1788 Pirates Chest US only?

I'm not much of a pirate myself but my interst broadened from Adventurers to Islanders (as that's a little close to the Adventurers Amazon Jungle theme). And from the Islander sets, I found the 1788 Pirates Chest which is co-hosted by the Islanders. (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: USS Constitution

(...) Hello Ben! that is quite a nice ship! i like the brick hull, it allows you to build bbigger ships than the lego ones do. BTW, how long did it take to get the correct hull shape? ah yes, i like the way you built up the masts, i may have to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Do I dare to write "New 4+ Pirate sets" here?

"Arne Lykke Nielsen" <arln@wanadoo.dk> wrote in message news:HyzI2s.1Epo@lugnet.com... (...) about the (...) This is the most appropriate group to post about the 4+ Pirates to. Post away. And these sets will provide some useful parts to keep (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Do I dare to write "New 4+ Pirate sets" here?

(...) Arne, I find it funny that you posted this because less than half an hour ago I was perusing the Guide of the 4+ sets, both Jack Stone and Pirate, and I wanted to comment as well. I also found your numerous comments very fitting and I know (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Do I dare to write "New 4+ Pirate sets" here?

(...) That's good news about the boat at least. I have two. In Pink! :( Chris (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Do I dare to write "New 4+ Pirate sets" here?

Sorry for nudging in on Pirates, I'm certain there has been concensus about the new 4+ Pirate sets NOT belonging to this newsgroup - but alas! there's no JackStone group! I've bought set 7072, the small black boat. The boat hull is the one known (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: USS Constitution

(...) Ahoy there! You've certainly started at the top! (...) It's always good to see another vessel on hand to fight the English! (...) There's some great work there. You've done a nice job of styling a hull out of bricks, particularly the detail (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: USS Constitution

(...) The ficticious adventures: the HMS Surprise was a real ship. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: USS Constitution

(...) i wonder how long it would take to upgrade to this in a game of pirate wars. seriously this is one cool moc. hopefully i'll get to see it in person. coming to brickfest? ondrew (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: USS Constitution

Impressive! Kind of makes me want to build the HMS Surprise, the ficticious frigate from the Patrick O'Brien novels, and more recently the movie. It's a little smaller than Old Ironsides. I'm going to bookmark that for inspiration. (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: USS Constitution

I knew I wanted to get the number of cannons correct so I worked off of that. I originally built a cross section of the hull in three different scales before choosing the final scale. I reckon it's closer to 1:72 or 1:60 scale in terms of the ships (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact