 Pirates / 3967
Re: Mast Platforms.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:38:43 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Michael Dallaston wrote:

Here's an idea I've used, using the top beam holes of the lower mast section and
the 1x4 hook-plates that you usually use to make beams:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Pizzamuffin/ideas/mast1.jpg

(hopefully that gets the idea across well enough)

Michael

I like that idea, but I think I only have one of those hook plate pieces. I have
a bunch of the 1x2 hook plates where the hook points up though.
Here's the idea I had, although the pictures don't explain it well at all.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Misc/MastPlatform/mastplatform1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Misc/MastPlatform/mastplatform2.jpg

I used one of those flex tube (I think that's what they are called) and put it
down the middle of two crossed technic plates and used a few grey technic
connector pins with a stud on one side to hold everything in place. then I built
the platform around the technic plates. The platform spins around a little bit
by itself, but the rope ladder pieces hold it in place fine. The only real
problem is that the top mast section isn't on there very good. I know a way to
fix that, but it won't make it look as good.

Still more ideas by anyone could help me a lot.

Thanks,
Daniel