 Pirates / 3956
3955  |  3957
Subject:
Do I dare to write "New 4+ Pirate sets" here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:52:04 GMT

Sorry for nudging in on Pirates, I'm certain there has been concensus about the
new 4+ Pirate sets NOT belonging to this newsgroup - but alas! there's no
JackStone group!

I've bought set 7072, the small black boat. The boat hull is the one known from
Fabuland, Belville and 5986, but now in black. The mast is a new type, more
Technic-like (as in "studless beam" Technic). The model itself is of course pure
garbage, but the sail and the new small printed flag are indeed very usable, as
are the two curved black railings.
The fig is an absolute horror - even my garbage can is to good to put it in! I
carried this set home together with the Belville pop-singer set (5942) and the
pirate fig must have got his hands on the singer's make-up gear, because as I
got him out of the box, he turned out to have LIGHT GREEN lips and eyebrows!?!?

Well, never the less, I've vowed to get the big ship as well - hopefully on deep
discount about Christmas time!

Arne, Copenhagen