 Pirates / 2960 (-20)
  Re: Merchant Ship

(...) Ahoy, Ben. Nice work! Although that's a very clever use of a hull centre section, I find they're far too valuable elsewhere (until S@H has a hull centre sections pack, anyway). Clever use of the small mast pieces for the square rigging. Real (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Merchant Ship

(...) Exactly! - The pirates have to get their plunder somewhere! (...) Unfortunately my old Lego collection has become "family property" at home (I have five younger siblings) and I am at college - but maybe sometime in the future I can build and (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Merchant Ship

(...) Of course, if they don't have an cannons they'll be easy pickings for all of those Lego pirates sailing around the seas (with only a much smaller contingent of Imperials to keep them in line). Very cute boat, BTW. I'd love to see it in ABS. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Merchant Ship

I made instructions for my "Merchant Ship" set and posted them on brickshelf: (URL) uses center hull base from a large pirate ship as the entire hull. I originally came up with a similar design in 1990 with my "Carribean Clipper" set. The aft of the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-another opinion question

(...) My answer to this often repeated question is here: (URL) down a few screens to "THOUGHTS ON PIRATE SHIPS". Frank (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

  Re: Which is better-another opinion question

(...) You bet:) (...) I agree with that. The CC's better for space and the IF's better for design, so they are evenly matched. (...) I back you up on that. I remember loading the cannons on my Renegade Runner when I was younger and having to turn (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-another opinion question

(...) You again? :) I have only actually owned two of those, the Renegade Runner and Cross Bone Clipper. The CBC is out, and I don't think the RR can stand up to some of those nicer Imperial ships. While I've owned none, I think most people will (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-BSB,SES, or RBR

(...) Skull's Eye Schooner all the way. I have owned both ships (I no longer have the BSB) and my opinion is, the SES is better. I can see how different opinions could exist, but the 4 cannon ports w/swiveling cannons, functional rudder, and the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

Hello! (...) Well, I like the earlier blue guys the better than the red guys. Maybe mostley because I've got more of the blue than of the reds. And the red Soldiers are just replications of the blue Soldiers which I than found was a bit poor... (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Which is better-another opinion question

Wasss...sssup Everyone, This one ties in with my last question. Which is the best of the small ships? The small ships are the Carribean Clipper, Imperial Flagship, Armada Flagship, Renegade Runner, and (for the sake of being a small ship) Cross Bone (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

  Which is better-BSB,SES, or RBR

Wassssssssup Everyone, Yet another opinion question. Which do you think was the better ship, the Black Seas Barracuda, the Skull's Eye Schooner, or (for the sake of being a big ship) the Red Beard Runner. Let me know! Hasta La Vista, Sean P.S To (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Sounds about right! Actually, I'm getting over the shock of seeing a local production of Les Miserable last Friday night.... the guards at Toulon, the soldiers wandering the red light district of Montreuil-su-Mer and the Sergeant of Waterloo (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HELP needed for Legoworld 2002 exhibition - please respond!

Frank Filz wrote: > Greenman wrote: > >> Hi all, >> >> Maybe you have heard from the upcoming Legoworld 2002 Event in Zwolle-Netherlands >> >> (from 18 to 22 Oct.). It will be the largest Lego-show ever held >> in Europe (world?) until now, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HELP needed for Legoworld 2002 exhibition - please respond!

(...) I could loan US English, UK English, and Italian. I'm curious as to which languages exist, and would love to collect them all myself. I think it would be better if someone in Europe could loan them though, especially since I will be bringing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  HELP needed for Legoworld 2002 exhibition - please respond!

Hi all, Maybe you have heard from the upcoming Legoworld 2002 Event in Zwolle-Netherlands (from 18 to 22 Oct.). It will be the largest Lego-show ever held in Europe (world?) until now, following the gigantic succesfull mega-show of last year. I will (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates) !

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Those too. Actually, I don't use them as Napoleonic Infantry, I tend to use them as Soldiers from the Portuguese Civil War (1826-1834). These are the Constitutionalists, the Absolutist army should be predominantly brown. However, since my city (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Or, indeed (after a little googling), Napoleonic French light infantry ;-) (...) I'll have to get back to you on that one (google was not my friend for yellow pants!). I recall seeing French soldiers in yellow pants in the (2000?) French movie (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Portuguese Infantry during the Peninsular Wars... ;-) (...) Red is OK for the later 19th century (1870), but yellow? Maybe in Africa, I dunno... (...) What about with white or blue hips, and yellow legs? Does it work? (...) Well, huh... yes! (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Agreed. Remember, though, that the big sets weren't the only ones in the series... Sabre Island helps the blue cause a lot, but then the red side has cannon cove - and a greater number of sets, besides. But yes, on a set basis, red would win (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Agreed. (...) Not so sure about this.... blue legs? White is definitely consistent with French - as would be red and yellow. (I tried using yellow legs, but it just looked like they'd forgotten to put their pants on!). "Too french"? ROFL! (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact