 Pirates / 2960
Re: Merchant Ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:51:40 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Ben Ellermann writes:
I made instructions for my "Merchant Ship" set and posted them on brickshelf:

It uses center hull base from a large pirate ship as the entire hull.  I
originally came up with a similar design in 1990 with my "Carribean Clipper"
set.  The aft of the ship has a ramp which folds down so your sailors can
load goods from a dock onto the ship into the cabin.  I think the LEGO
oceans need a bit of diversity - this ship will help!  All ships dont have
to have cannon :)

Ahoy, Ben.

Nice work!

Although that's a very clever use of a hull centre section, I find they're
far too valuable elsewhere (until S@H has a hull centre sections pack, anyway).

Clever use of the small mast pieces for the square rigging. Real masts are
pretty thin on the ground.

I'm a bit worried about localised weather anomalies though.... the masthead
flag seems to be pointing the wrong way... ;-)

Cheers

Richie DUlin