 Pirates / 2961
Re: Merchant Ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:16:52 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Ben Ellermann writes:
I made instructions for my "Merchant Ship" set and posted them on brickshelf:

It uses center hull base from a large pirate ship as the entire hull.  I
originally came up with a similar design in 1990 with my "Carribean Clipper"
set.  The aft of the ship has a ramp which folds down so your sailors can
load goods from a dock onto the ship into the cabin.  I think the LEGO
oceans need a bit of diversity - this ship will help!  All ships dont have
to have cannon :)

Ben Ellermann
I agree with the cannon part.  What fun would it be if every ship had
some sort of defense?  There'd be no realistic way to board and plunder
without getting half the men killed.  Anyways, I can't wait until that day
far in the future when you can build it.

Hasta La Vista, Sean