 Pirates / 2948
Re: HELP needed for Legoworld 2002 exhibition - please respond!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:59:21 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

> Greenman wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Maybe you have heard from the upcoming Legoworld 2002 Event in
Zwolle-Netherlands

>> (from 18 to 22 Oct.). It will be the largest Lego-show ever held
>> in Europe (world?) until now, following the gigantic succesfull
>> mega-show of last year.
>>
>> I will be participating with a large theme-layout, showing ALL the
>>  existing Pirates sets, placed up, under and around a mega
>> rock-jungle-island. Sorted on subtheme etc.
>>
>> I own all the sets and the rock/green/blue stuff I need for the
>> layout, but I'm also trying to show ALL the Pirates COMICS! So,
>> I'm trying to collect all available languages!
>> ...OOPPS...HELP....
>>
>> I have a MISB Dutch and a French version of the book/set nr. 6255,
>>  but I know there are many more version. How many?? You tell me.
>>
>> English, German, Spanish?, Italian?, Dannish? etc?, etc?
>>

> I could loan US English, UK English, and Italian. I'm curious as to which
>  languages exist, and would love to collect them all myself. I think
>  it would be better if someone in Europe could loan them though,
especially
>  since I will be bringing them to NW BrickCon which would make it
> tight to get them to you in time. The difference between the US and UK
>  versions is the names of a few characters, the ship, and the fort
(basically
>  following the difference between US and UK set names).
>
> I think Steve Jackson has a copy in Danish.
>
> The existence of French and Dutch suggest it is almost sure that
> German and Spanish exist. Japanese is also likely to exist.
>
> Frank

German: I am sure, just looking for a participant...

Your versions would be very welcome. Should we manage to get them here
on time, I am quite sure I can (and will) sell you a Mint Dutch copy for
a few bucks...   :-)
BTW: the Dutch version (and I believe the German too) came as just a
book, no package/figs/accessory! Too bad.

STEVE !! ??  Do you really have a Danish copy ???   Please respond.
Scans would also be (a bit) fine! It's a start, isn't it??

Klaas