 Pirates / 2941
Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:37:28 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Pedro Silva writes:
I'll divide my vote: the best sets were those of the guards, the Imperial
Trading Post is considerably better than the Eldorado Fortress. BUT I do
prefer the blue uniforms...

Agreed.

I used to give them blue legs, though - with
white legs they look too "french" for my taste ;-)

Not so sure about this.... blue legs?

White is definitely consistent with French - as would be red and yellow.

(I tried using yellow legs, but it just looked like they'd forgotten to put
their pants on!).

"Too french"? ROFL!

The Armada sets had potential: had they been released at the exact same time
as the islanders, and they could have been named "Conquistadores" to form
their own theme.

I like combining Armada helms with traditional knightly armour for that
proper conquistador look.

Cheers

Richie