 Pirates / 2700 (-20)
  Contemporary Pirate Fiction

Soooo, anybody have any good recommendations? A decent read is Wilbur Smith's "Bird of Prey", or something like that. IIRC, it's set along the African Coast. My favorite is, by far, Tim Powers' "On Stranger Tides". I *love* this book, consider it (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) I would rank them this way: (1) 6286, (2) 6285 (3) 6289. The 6289 was my first large ship to purchase. I can understand why you might prefer it at the moment. Wait until you build your first 6286 or 6285! Those are great models to put (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) (URL) also in reply to Bruce's post mentioned above), but my website has a more recent ranking. Frank (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Since it exists elsewhere - whoa, way back as Pirates message 315, you can read my rankings (and undoubtedly others if you follow the thread). (URL) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

Damn, I just checked out from the catalogue and noted that I made a mistake at the outset and throughout in our discussions. The one I have and which I said I personally prefer it to 6286 is 6289, which was re-released by Lego.com and is the only (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) I agree with you about the 6286, Jackie! I personally like that model better than the 6285 model. To me it's more interesting and looks grander! But I would rather have the 6285 ship for parts to build with. The hull parts are all brown (where (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

(...) Thanks Jackie, I appreciate the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope to be updating it fairly soon. Watch for my post! Tom (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

By the way, among all, I like the ghost ship and THE EMASCULATOR most. The captions are also very creative!!!! Keep it on!!! Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

Hi, Tom, your site is so cool! Thanks for sharing with us. Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

Bruce, I think your comments are really fair. Mine is probably somewhat biased since I do not have the 6285 and donno about the details of that set. P.S. In a recent warehouse clearance sale of the Lego distributor in HK, I got 6296, 6248 and 6254. (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Hi Michael, just like you, I also bought The Islander one and 6286 Red Beard Runner. Though I have not yet bough the Armada Flagship but I will buy it. The Spaniards mini-fig is that set is a quite different to those of the Imperial Guards (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Both are great ships - I doubt if anyone faults someone for prefering one over the other. It all depends on what you are looking for. I like the wheeled guns of 6285, but someone else might like the pivoting guns play value instead. I prefer (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Same here. I am not senior, nor particularly wealthy. I have to make do with a couple of the re-released Armada Flagships and That Islander One (tm). (...) To me, as a builder (keeping in mind I don't own either of them), they're worth about (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

Hello to all pirate fans, I am not a senior Lego collector and missed the good old days where the pirate sets are available. Therefore I can only buy them in ebay. It seems most of the pirate fans like the 6285. But personally I like the 6286 more (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Create an Island using the Container Lid from one of the $10 LEGO Dinosaur sets

I couldn't get my dinosaurs to stand securely to the box lid. ("(URL) I came up with an idea on how to make an insert into the top of the box lid, to make a more secure base for the dinosaurs to stand atop. (Incidentally, this makes a good island, (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Fleet Week

Hey, My Mom lives in The Newport Towers in Jersey City. When I was a wee sprig'n I used to watch the ships come in and out of the Hudson Harbor every Year. It's definetly an inspiration to see the ships, especially from the 18th floor. She's always (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

That's the beauty of Lugnet. I didn't have a clue what I was taking a photo of, but Lindsay did! (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

(...) And though it's posted in .pirates, it is in fact an *anti*- pirate! That's the Coast Guard training ship, U.S.S. Eagle, whose name is reserved for the USCG (thus why you'll see no Navy ships named that) after the War of 1812 in which a tiny (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Fleet Week

Ahoy! Tall ship to port: (URL) the stars & stripes, in case you didn't see it from the TV blimp covering Fleet Week. Sighted from me crow's nest overlooking the U.S.S. Intrepid in the Hudson River. -Erik (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) I think the end of May was mentioned as the time they would announce the winner. Bruce (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact