 Pirates / 2691
Re: The next lego legend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 05:07:46 GMT

Bruce, I think your comments are really fair.  Mine is probably somewhat
biased since I do not have the 6285 and donno about the details of that set.

P.S. In a recent warehouse clearance sale of the Lego distributor in HK, I
got 6296, 6248 and 6254.  Though they are not big sets, I am already very
happy since it's really quite expensive to buy from the ebay, taking into
account the shipping cost from US/Europe to HK.

Jackie

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Jackie Tang writes:
Hello to all pirate fans,

I am not a senior Lego collector and missed the good old days where the
pirate sets are available. Therefore I can only buy them in ebay.

It seems most of the pirate fans like the 6285. But personally I like the
6286 more as it's a more giant fleet and probably I like the sail with a
skull more than a simple white/red sail. What do you think?

Jackie

Both are great ships - I doubt if anyone faults someone for prefering one
over the other.  It all depends on what you are looking for.  I like the
wheeled guns of 6285, but someone else might like the pivoting guns play
value instead.  I prefer the neutral sails of 6285 so that I can have the
ship be something besides a pirate ship.  If you like the skull sail, great!
I hope they re-release 6286 - it's harder to find and it needs a re-release
more than 6285.

Bruce