 Pirates / 1065 (-20)
  Re: I want ships

(...) Hi Shiri, There may not be any one piece midsections for a TC ship hull, but as you know, you can always create your own. I created a page that shows the results of doing just that. Check it out: (URL) think the results are pretty nice! And it (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Some MOCs

Hi All, Please LMKWYT of some assorted MOCs (Sailing Ship, Falcon) I created. Thank You! Brian (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: I want ships

(...) Even a sensible *castle* head like me replies with "Mmmm...mmm, Pirates". TLC would have me hooked if they had pirates, the only reason I never got into them is becasue they were to expensive by the time I could earn my own money. Going (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I want ships

"Stephen A. Campbell" wrote a bunch of worthy stuff you can go read in his post. To which any sensible pirate head ought be replying 'Mmmm...mmm, Pirates' I particularly agree in respect of the brown hulls. Waaaayyyy more authentic. Richard Still (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Ahoy there !

Avast there me hearties ! Red Beard here... Oi be back from a trip overseas in the Runner and oi had a run in with them darn Imperial Guards. Well now, oi came abroadside and give em a blast from me three cannon but they wheeled around and boarded (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: I want ships

(...) My own prediction last year was that if Adventurers continued (and I predicted Lost World/Dinotopia!) Pirates would not return. I agree with you that that still holds true. I'm not sure where Adventurers can go next year except some form of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: I want ships

(...) Pirates was one of Lego's most successful themes (didn't the Ultimate Lego Guide say it was THE most successful?), so I'm sure it'll be back. Best case scenario - after Adventurers has run its course. Worst case - after the Star Wars license (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: I want ships

(...) Don't we all, Corrine. It's too bad the the Armada subtheme didn't have more legs. A 16-wide Blue and white ship would have given the Armada a little weight, as would a nice coastal seaport, or a fort of some kind. Of the Armada sets that did (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.dear-lego)

  I want ships

Once upon a time a long time ago, I read in this discussion group that Lego would not revive the pirate theme because there were no more fresh ideas to centre pirate ships around. Ships seem to be an incredibly popular idea/theme. Certainly there (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: non-pre-fab hulls

(...) Hi, Me and my friend made a brick ship when we were 10 (5 years ago). It is so easy! For the base, all you have to do is start with a 2 stud wide keel, however long you want it. Then, on top of that, add a 4 stud wide layer and make it 2 studs (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: non-pre-fab hulls

(...) asked (...) Thank you for pointing me in the right direction to give me an idea where to start. (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: non-pre-fab hulls

(...) asked (...) That sounds so good. I figured that I would need a lot of inverts and I don't have them but I do like the idea of a wider more detailed ship below decks. Thanks (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: non-pre-fab hulls

(...) I have in the past made massive ships by using just bricks (this was before I had any pre-fab hulls). Not only is it possible, it's a TON of fun. It allows you to build intricate lower decks, with a number of details that are more difficult (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: non-pre-fab hulls

(...) I have in the past made massive ships by using just bricks (this was before I had any pre-fab hulls). Not only is it possible, it's a TON of fun. It allows you to build intricate lower decks, with a number of details that are more difficult (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: non-pre-fab hulls

(...) I know of at least two very large ships:(neither of which are mine) (URL) wonderful ships. I know there are smaller ones but I can't seem place them right now. Tom (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  non-pre-fab hulls

As a new person on this newsgroup, I apologise if this question has been asked and answered before. Has anyone tried and succeeded to build a pirate ship hull using just ordinary bricks? Is it reasonably possible or does I always have to have a pre (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The "Emasculator" sails!

(...) Actually, you'd better watch out, because my pirates are very insecure in their masculinity and will attack and tear to wee little bits any dread pirate corsair who pretends to pinkitude! Arrr. As if the Squished Bug Schooner weren't enough! (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Imperial Soldiers strike back!

(...) Yep. The next addition to my own fleet will be an uprated CC - at the moment, it's a Class 6 (wide, 2 midsections) but with only two masts and two sets of CC sails. I may add a third midsection and a third mast, but it looks pretty nice the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sailing ships and bits and bobs

(...) Well the RBR and the AF clearly are designed to have "action" features. These features clearly compromise the design. 6250 was just so cut in number of parts that there just isn't any way to make a decent ship of it (not to mention that the no (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: surplus officers (was "Re: Pirate minifig question")

(...) It works OK if you put the backpack on first, then epaulettes on top, then the head. (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact