 Pirates / 1056
Re: non-pre-fab hulls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:04:18 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Corrine Pearce writes:
As a new person on this newsgroup, I apologise if this question has been asked
and answered before.  Has anyone tried and succeeded to build a pirate ship
hull using just ordinary bricks?  Is it reasonably possible or does I always
have to have a pre fab hull for any ships I might try.

Hi,

Me and my friend made a brick ship when we were 10 (5 years ago). It is so
easy! For the base, all you have to do is start with a 2 stud wide keel,
however long you want it. Then, on top of that, add a 4 stud wide layer and
make it 2 studs (1 stud on each side)longer than the previous layer. Next, add
an 8 stud wide base on top of that but 2 studs longer than the previous layer
and at the ends put 2x6 bricks instead of 2x8 ones. Now that you have the
base, add a 16 stud wide layer of plates covering the whole length of the
ship. Finally, add deck walls, the bow, stern, masts, and sails and you're
finished! There are tons to do with bricks! I have made ship masts and sails,
planets(as big as a baseball), and alien armies out of pure bricks. I've made
starships and spacestations out of bricks and plates. If I can do it, you can
too. So have fun with your bricks.Later!

--==Sergio==--