 Pirates / 1054
Re: non-pre-fab hulls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 00:40:37 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Matt Brooks writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Corrine Pearce writes:
As a new person on this newsgroup, I apologise if this question has been • asked
and answered before.  Has anyone tried and succeeded to build a pirate ship
hull using just ordinary bricks?  Is it reasonably possible or does I always
have to have a pre fab hull for any ships I might try.

I have in the past made massive ships by using just bricks (this was before I
had any pre-fab hulls). Not only is it possible, it's a TON of fun. It allows
you to build intricate lower decks, with a number of details that are more
difficult with the prefab hulls. I for one always loved to make intricate
staircases down from the bow to the lower decks. Also, making the bow itself
can be an exercise in patience, especially if you are short on inverts!

I'll try to dig out pictures of some of my older ships and post them....

Matt

That sounds so good.  I figured that I would need a lot of inverts and I don't
have them but I do like the idea of a wider more detailed ship below decks.
Thanks