 People / 3078
Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.people, Tony Kilaras writes:

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message

It is too bad that your ex didn't understand the hobby. I dated a woman • for a
short while that collected China Dolls and gave me hell about "playing • with
Legos." I have friends that smoke and chastize me for spending so much on • the
hobby, and yet they spend more on cigarettes each month. As for staying • out of
trouble, I can't say that I have been so successful, but I am happy to • report
that after my 6 months ban for fighting a customer in a TRU over a large • LEGO
set on sale, I am allowed to return next month. ;^)

What? Details! Do you mean TRU actually banned you? How do they enforce
that?

Okay, I'll let you all off the hook. It was a joke, hence the emoticon at the
end. Every good story though comes from some personal experience and so does
this one. I once went to a Toys-R-Us on the Friday following Thanksgiving at
5:00 AM. I watched as a mob, and I mean mob, of parents, Chrisitians, Jews,
Muslims, etc. raced for the pile of Cabbage Patch Dolls (this was a long time
ago). I still wake up in the middle of the night around Thanksgiving screaming
"put down my head, it's not a Cabbage Patch Kid." I have never been to a store
on Black Friday since. I only hope my wife (whomever she maybe) will understand
this tragic event in my past.

I only wish I was joking.

As for getting kicked out of TRU, no. I did take the last Fort Legoredo that
had been discounted down to $30.00 in the Athens TRU. A parent actually offered
me $20 dollars in the store so that they could have it. I am ashamed of myself
that I didn't take it, but I didn't have the set yet and I had been to the
store twice that week and saw it on the discount shelf. I didn't buy it until
the third visit and I never thought they would sell the set again. WHO KNEW! I
still can't bring my self to buy another copy even though I want one.

Send donations to my theraputic charity at the address below,

Todd

;^)