 People / 3051
Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:58:31 GMT

Um, my respects to Bob, but excuse me, Todd your kidding! After meeting you
I can't beleive it!! I mean Todd was such a friendly guy! Very Helpful and
very nice.

Just goes to show you don't tick off a nice guy, and Never Never get in the
way of a man and a good Lego Buy!

wow.

And Bob, I too have alot to thank in having Lego to help me thru the tough
times, I just hunker down and work with the Lego, something that never talks
back or judges me.

Thank you!

Legomaster
www.mylegomaster.com

In lugnet.people, Todd Thuma writes:
In lugnet.people, Bob Parker writes:
I just wanted to let others know how much Lego and Lugnet have helped me • lately.

I just finished going through a divorce which then set off a weight loss
program that has reached 87 pounds lost so far (still have a little ways to
go but I'm almost there) [1].

Bob,

Hang in there! I am glad you could find some comfort in the LUGNET Community
and in the LEGO Brick. I too am 35 and am beginning to get more involved in the
LEGO community. Never be ashamed of your age and LEGOS! Remember your parents
don't play with them now because they were a kid's toy when they bought them
for you. Just look at all of the adults that enjoy the model train hobby. They
were toys when their parents bought them for their children and slowly over the
years they have become an acceptable adult hobby. It's people like you that are
enjoying the brick into their "senior" (haha) years that are bring respect to
the LEGO Brick.

I am sorry that you had to go through a divorce. Having never been married at
35 I am sort of envious of you even having had the opportunity to go through a
divorce ;^) but only slightly so. But let's point out an important fact here,
you're 87 pounds lighter and still going!!! It seems like you will have no
trouble with you physical self image and that will match you emotional image of
yourself.

It is too bad that your ex didn't understand the hobby. I dated a woman for a
short while that collected China Dolls and gave me hell about "playing with
Legos." I have friends that smoke and chastize me for spending so much on the
hobby, and yet they spend more on cigarettes each month. As for staying out of
trouble, I can't say that I have been so successful, but I am happy to report
that after my 6 months ban for fighting a customer in a TRU over a large LEGO
set on sale, I am allowed to return next month. ;^)

Sincerely,

Todd