 People / 3045
  Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

I just wanted to let others know how much Lego and Lugnet have helped me lately. I just finished going through a divorce which then set off a weight loss program that has reached 87 pounds lost so far (still have a little ways to go but I'm almost (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.people) !!

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

Howdy Bob, You are not alone among the true believers of the power of the almighty Brick. I am glad that you are on the right road and still sane (at least to our eyes). Lugnet is a great forum for creative thinkers and LEGO is a great tool for the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

(...) lately. (...) Bob, Hang in there! I am glad you could find some comfort in the LUGNET Community and in the LEGO Brick. I too am 35 and am beginning to get more involved in the LEGO community. Never be ashamed of your age and LEGOS! Remember (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

(...) LOL Todd, that's too funny! I'm not even going to ask if it's really true! Maggie C. (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Todd Thuma Banned From T'R'U! (was: Thanks to Lego...)

(...) Oh, I believe it! Heck, I can even see it! (If Todd had told me this at BricksWest, I would have teased him mercilessly [see new title above 8?) ]...when I worked at T'R'U as a kid, we used to ban people from the store all the time) What was (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

Um, my respects to Bob, but excuse me, Todd your kidding! After meeting you I can't beleive it!! I mean Todd was such a friendly guy! Very Helpful and very nice. Just goes to show you don't tick off a nice guy, and Never Never get in the way of a (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

(...) Ha! Same here! Too bad your EX didn't tolerate those Lego bricks. My family hates those things, and whenever I'm sorting through bricks at two in the morning, my parents scream! (oh ,well. That's LEGO for you) :) Lego isn't a complete (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

(...) Wonderful for you! :) (...) There are a few of us out and about... Just remember that being happy by yourself is every bit as important as being happy with someone else. :) Tanya (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

In lugnet.people, Matt Hein writes: snipped (...) That's not a bad idea - actively try to find a girl interested in Lego too...hmmm. Maybe I could trade Lego sets for dates... "Up next for the lucky woman* to date Bob is a MISB 497 Galaxy Explorer. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

In lugnet.people, Tanya K. Burkhart writes: snipped (...) It sure is important to be comfortable with being by yourself. However, I do prefer being with someone when going on picnics, hiking in Sabino Canyon, visiting the Grand Canyon, etc. - Bob (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> (...) Explorer. (...) shall be (...) Hehehe. This is pretty funny. Brings to mind the catastrophic TV show "Who wants to marry a millionaire?" "Who wants to date an AFOL?" Seriously (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:GszBAs.Dr6@lugnet.com... (...) for a (...) with (...) the (...) out of (...) report (...) LEGO (...) What? Details! Do you mean TRU actually banned you? How do they enforce that? (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

Bob, I'm sorry to hear about your divorce. These things are always sad, no matter who is involved or what the reasons are for them. Almost exactly a year ago, my girlfriend of 9 months broke up with me, and I thought that was a pretty awful thing to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

(...) snipped (...) Unless both people agree that things aren't working out, then any kind of break up can be difficult. The longer the relationship, the more messed up one can become. We were married for just over 10 years when she started the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

(...) Okay, I'll let you all off the hook. It was a joke, hence the emoticon at the end. Every good story though comes from some personal experience and so does this one. I once went to a Toys-R-Us on the Friday following Thanksgiving at 5:00 AM. I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

In lugnet.people, Todd Thuma writes: snippery snippery dock (...) In lieu of donations, I recommend you built a Lego set for therapy. It's much cheaper than a psychiatrist and it won't ask you about your childhood or your relationship with your (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

(...) (snipped myself) In case anyone was interested, just a quick update to my recent life changes: 1) I've lost a total of 123 pounds and for the first time in many years, am no longer officially overweight! 2) I moved into a new home last Monday (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Thanks to Lego and Lugnet for being there...

(...) Wow! Congratulations. (...) :-) I'm glad to hear we're still with you on your fresh start. (...) I believe it! I get so into building, I forget to eat lunch. ...watch out for those little pizzas though. oh, suure, they look innocent enough... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.people)