 Parts / Modification / 26
Re: Silkscreening parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:16:16 GMT

In lugnet.parts.mod, Mike Rayhawk wrote:
Jigs shouldn't be too tough, a couple scraps of sculpy should do the job.  I'll
have to bust out my old airbrush and see what I can work out - I'm not sure how
easy it'll be to cut friskets at a small enough scale for torso and head
designs.

I've often wondered (never got beyond that) whether one could use photo-etching
to create masks/templates for airbrushing Lego elements.  The folks that do
face-painting at fairs and amusement parks use re-usable masks to quickly
airbrush a multi-colored design, and I thought the photo-etch process (used by
scale modelers to make very fine detail) could be used to make a series of masks
in the same way.

James Wilson
Dallas, TX