 Parts / Modification / 18
Re: Silkscreening parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:22:17 GMT

In lugnet.parts.mod, Rob Hendrix wrote:
Silk-screening is a process that will directly print a given design onto a given
object (passing ink/dye/paint through a screen/number of screens).  I presume
Mike means printing directly on the torso after removing any previous design
first.  I don't see the point in silk-screening to an intermediary medium
(decal, paper, film, etc.) when that can be done easier through existing
techniques (mostly Paintshop and an ink-jet printer).

You guys could always make jigs and templates, then use airbrushes to paint
the desired decal colors.  A different part of a design could be made for
each color.  When you spray each color/template, then the full design would
be revealed.  That's how we did it on a silk-screening (only with screens
and not templates) tee-shirts last year.

Mike was talking about a $30 mini-silk-screening machine (what make/model
Mike?).  I shudder to think what my compressor and double-action air brush would
cost today

-->Bruce<--