Re: its over!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:21:28 GMT

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message
news:Fw3FGx.5p5@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Shiri Dori writes:

I agree. Like Chris mentioned, a 24-7 place would be great too-- who • needs
sleep anyway?! That would also save on hotel prices, so I'd gladly pay
admission. <grin>

Actually it was a 24 hour place for the stuff, just not the people.
That was a huge advantage.  There are very few places that will give
you a space to occupy 24hrs without spending huge $$$.  Most (all)
hotel conference rooms are scheduled by the half hour and it is impossible
to get them 24hrs unless you have tens of thousands of dollars to throw
around.  We are looking at getting a place in the main campus of George
Mason University for next year.  It's a new modern building.  Plus it's
in Suburban Fairfax County, so it will be much easier to find, and
the Hotels might be less expensive.

KL

That location would be great, it's less than a mile from my parents house
(FWIW)!

I took a few graduate course at GMU before moving to North Carolina back in
1988.  I imagine facilities have changed a bit (maybe a lot) but the main
campus was much nicer than the Law School Campus back in 1988.  If I recall
correctly, the Law School Campus was a high school at one time that GMU
purchased from Arlington County (probably 1985 time frame).

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh