Re: its over!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:17:54 GMT

Well, My NLS (Jackie) and I had a great time at BrickFest... :-)  We met
lots of great, friendly people, and saw some really incredible constructions
in person.  We were only able to some down on Saturday for a few hours, and
we left early to see some of the other sights in Washington DC.

My NLS managed to beat me at Lego Soccer, and get farther in the tournament
than I did.  Neither of us had played before, and we both loved it. ( that's
right, neither of us played before, yeah.  That's my story, and I'm sticking
with it... :-) )

We both enjoyed the Pirate game, for the short time that we were able to
stay for it.
We were honored that we were able to aid those world travelling minifigs,
Captain Wanda and her first mate Colin the sharpshooter on their ship, "the
Rusty Bucket".  It was especially fun starting their raid on Skeleton
Island, killing three skeletons in a row, bang, bang, bang. :-)
We were both sorry that we needed to go, and we handed off Colin and Wanda
to another waiting player, to continue their plundering of the Lego seas...
ARGGGHHH!!!!  I would love to hear more about how they fared.

I loved the Castle set-up, as that is my primary area of interest.  I got a
lot of great ideas on how to make my own buildings more realistic, and how
to incorporate "cut-away" building ideas to allow access to the interiors.
It was great seeing in person some of the buildings that I had seen online.
It really does make a huge difference when you can move around them and peer
in here and there.  Some of the most unusual ( and beautiful ) of the Castle
structures were the "Mushroom Houses" and what I think was Baba Yaga's
house, a house on giant yellow chicken legs.  The whole castle layout looked
fantastic, I was really impressed.  I also liked the separate table with the
official Lego castle sets, because this was the first time that I had seen
many of these sets in person, as opposed to tiny little pictures on a
website somewhere.

Again, we had a great time, and I am looking forward to next year.

-Andy Lynch