  Name tags...?

I've been meaning to ask if you're planning on making any name tags. I think it'll be very useful because most of us will not recognize the other people. I've barely seen one/two pics of three/four people that I know will be there. Or maybe I saw (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Me too! (...) Yup. (...) I was thinking about volunteering to do so, but I don't have a scanner easily available and my digital camera is away at Nikon being serviced :-( My idea was to spray out some bricks on the flat-bed scanner, scan it, (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Well, at worst case the brick backgrounds from Lugnet could be used. What would be kind of cool is if the background which will be used is posted on the web, and then those of us who want to pre-print our name tags can do so. Name tags should (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) ...good one! :-) I like the theme icons bestest. Lugnet icon is good too. ...We can print up a sheet of assorted icons on sticky backed paper and print up 'blank' nametags (Staples has decent deal on these things) that way we will be able to (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Great ideas! (Surprise....it looks like I'm coming afterall - but not for certain yet) I have two of my own - a general BAYLUG one, and my own ldraw.org one. But your ideas sound better :) If you don't make them Brickfest specific, they'd be (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Good idea! I don't have access to a photo editor just right now but will in a few hours. Meanwhile, here's such a pic that I took: (URL) image itself is pretty large... I think shrinking will work better than cropping. I'll try and snag the (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Or, buttons/name badges could be overtly non-generic and a mildly geeky tradition of wearing several to mark the multiple gatherings attended could start. This could work out well if they were done stylishly. Chris (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Uh, snagging mission complete. :^) (URL) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) I had in mind, lightening the section rather than desaturating, but basically, that's what I had in mind. Because you left some dark parts, it's mildly difficult to read your name. A counter example (with thanks to you for the background (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Well....I've only used the ldraw.org one at the Museum of Science and Industry (Chicago) for the FLL competition - partly to identify myself to other lugnetters coming, and partly to be recognized in a serious group of lego users. The latter (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) will, I haven't watched it in years and the new stuff isn't that great anyways. TNG forever though. I just kinda grew out of it when I got into high school....but jr high was a big ST:TNG, TOS, Movies time in my life. I would draw out (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Oh, you're right. I like your's much better. Unfortunately, I don't have any access to *normal* photo editing programs, so mono-chroming was my only choice... ugh! If you could make an empty version of your tag (i.e. without your name) I'd be (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Golly, no! I just used those fonts because they were on the machine I borrowed. I didn't figure out what they were from until after I was done. I like science fiction too much to be a trekkie. As far as I can tell the original show had some (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) Sure thing! See (URL) for mine with no text, and see (URL) for a similar one with double the size of lightened space that has also been desaturated a little. Chris (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Name tags...?

(...) That seems to be the general sentiment I get from SF fans. I can't get into the fantasy realm of SF like there is in other shows. I'm really nobody for fantasy themes/shows/etc. That's what I feel about the more 'serious' SF series/books... (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)