 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 94 (-20)
  Re: My website is up

Michaelangelo would be envious. Shoot me if you will, my most politically-correct TEXLUG-AFOLA members, but in my own words, "badass". Oh, we're a trench-mouthed bunch down here in the central south, alright. Laura, TJ pegged it right when he (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: My website is up

(...) That's great, Laura! I'm looking forward to the construction pictures. (...) I'm glad somebody is still thinking about the meeting. I know we've all been busy with the holidays and haven't had any time for Lego. I've hardly touched a brick (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  My website is up

Hi there, folks! Happy Hannukah, Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year, and anything else I might have forgotten. Hope the colder weather is finding you and yours safe and happy. I finally finished the first rev of my site on Lugnet. Please check (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Joining LUGNET

FYI- I received a reply from the LUGNET server today. Hopefully, I will become a LUGNET member quickly now that I have paid my membership fee. - John -- John Eric Voltin "John Eric Voltin" <jevoltin@austin.rr.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Joining LUGNET

(...) Just be patient, things will happen. When I became a member last July, it took a full month between the time I applied and the time my name appeared on the members list. You have to realize that the LUGNET Admins are working adults with full (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Joining LUGNET

I can't pay the membership fee until LUGNET replies with payment instructions, etc. I am wondering if they may have altered their application process and the new system doesn't work very well. -- John Eric Voltin "Shawn Gibson" (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Joining LUGNET

(...) Have you paid the memmbership fee? ShawnG (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.admin.general)

  Joining LUGNET

How long does it typically take to joing LUGNET? I submitted my application online a week ago and have not received any response. I even sent an e-mail to the LUGNET administrators requesting an update, but still have not received a response. Is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  People!

Howdy again! I've updated the big list of Texas AFOLs: (URL) now have 60 known AFOLs in Texas. Please look over it and let me know if: 1. you're not on the list and want to be, 2. you're on the list and don't want to be, 3. your info on the list is (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Sales or Discounts on LEGO?

(...) A few weeks ago, Target (my local Target, in Houston) had the 4561 on sale for $99. But that's the only train theme set I've seen anywhere in retail. Wal-Mart will occasionally have a clearance sale, but you have to search the store to find (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Sales or Discounts on LEGO?

I would love to find some trains on sale/clearance, but they aren't very common anymore. The only train I have seen recently is 4561. Generally, I keep my eyes open for any LEGO sets with useful pieces. I'm not focused on any one theme. Where is (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Sales or Discounts on LEGO?

(...) Not sure about now, but earlier this year, Tuesday Morning had some lego on sale. Every once and a while, both K-Mart and Target have 10%-20% sales, you just have to watch the Sunday ads. What type of sets are you looking for? Technic, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Sales or Discounts on LEGO?

Does anyone know of any stores in or near Austin that ever have particularly good prices on LEGO? In the past, I occasionally found some nice LEGO sets on clearance at Wal-mart. It seems that I haven't seen any major LEGO discounts over the past (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

I have never personally attended such an event, but my understanding is that time is usually the limiting factor. In most cases, the participants run out of time very quickly. As the old saying goes - "Time flies when you are having fun." I agree (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

Laura, Seeing a RoboLab demonstration could be great fun. I am personally interested and I suspect a fair number of LEGO enthusiasts would have an interest in such a presentation. Does anyone else agree? - John Eric -- John Eric Voltin "Laura (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

(...) I wanted to wait on y'all's input before I took it any further with work. I will ask today if it's even possible to get the RoboLab folks to give us a demonstration. I was thinking of billing it as an opportunity for more volunteers, and a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

(...) If all that is required is a demonstration of RoboLab during our meeting, then the room at NI could work out ok. What are the requirements of the presentation? Is there any participation required on our part, besides paying attention for an (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

I asked around here at National Instruments about using one of our meeting rooms on the weekend, and they said that I would have to be able to link it back to the company to make it work. We do have a product called RoboLab, which uses our software, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

(...) None yet. We need to find a suitable room for our train layout first. We need a room that will be available to us for at least 48 hours straight and one that has sufficient size. Also, security will be an issue as we will probably leave our (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Meeting Status?

What is the status of planning for a TEXLUG meeting? Has any progress been made on selecting a meeting location? -- John Eric Voltin (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact