 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 79
Re: Meeting Status?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:36:21 GMT

--- Thomas Avery <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Laura Hayden writes:
I asked around here at National Instruments about
using one of our meeting rooms on the weekend, and
they said that I would have to be able to link it • back
to the company to make it work.

We do have a product called RoboLab, which uses our
software, LEGO Technic/Mindstorms bricks, and
volunteers to teach local elementary school kids • about
robotics.

If y'all would be interested in my following up and
requesting a demonstration at our meeting, so that • we
can get some space here at work, please let me • know. I
will try to find a way to sell it to them.  If not,
then I am out of ideas...  My apartment is barely • big
enough for _my_ MOCs!

Laura

If all that is required is a demonstration of
RoboLab during our meeting,
then the room at NI could work out ok. What are the
requirements of the
presentation? Is there any participation required on
our part, besides
paying attention for an hour or so?

How about access to the room? Will it be available
to us from Friday evening
to Saturday evening (or even to Sunday afternoon)?
Could we come and go as
we pleased?

I'm guessing that we'll start setting things up
Friday evening after people
get off work. We'll then resume setting up Saturday
morning and then have
all afternoon (and possibly some of Sunday) to play
with our "group creation".

Of course we could try and have this meeting all in
one day, but I think
that we'd spend most of it just setting up and then
packing up afterwards.
What does everyone else think? Am I overestimating
the time required?

Your thoughts, please!

TJ

I wanted to wait on y'all's input before I took it any
further with work.  I will ask today if it's even
possible to get the RoboLab folks to give us a
demonstration.  I was thinking of billing it as an
opportunity for more volunteers, and a chance to get
the word out past NorthWest Austin.

How much hoop-jumping are y'all willing to do for this
room?  We do have a security guard, but I don't know
if it's even possible to put things under lock and key
when we are not here.  I will find out.  Setting up
Friday night shouldn't be a problem, but again I
haven't asked yet.  I'll let y'all know as soon as I
know more.

This is not something that NI makes any money on, so
the chance for good PR is the only leg we have to
stand on.  Hopefully it will be enough.

Laura