Re: I can't hear you ........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:17:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Wayne McCaul writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, James Howse writes:

<Big Snip>
James (who likes large doses of silliness in his Brickwars)

Oh I like the silliness.

The last game I played -set on the Moon during the Cold War- we had two
particularly silly events.

One, a bomber pilot got hit, but instead of doing damage, the pilot
(according to the Ker-Pow table) had an uncontrollable urge to go to the
bathroom. So, he spent about three turns getting flying back to base to use
the can.

I haven't posted pics yet, because I'm a lazy slacker...

Anybody else have any amusing stories?

The bathroom gig has happened to me twice - it's very irritating!  Abondoning
the safety of your mech to answer your bladder is humiliating.  Eric Joslin has
some uncanny knack for causing that to happen.

Last game, there were two champions on top of a large rock outcropping.  The
enemy champion was about to have a go at slaughtering nigh-unto-all of the
rather underpowered base defenders in the tree fort atop the outcropping.
Recognizing the unliklihood of being able to actually damage the champion
(there was nobody around for enough combined fire ...), the defending champion
starting sprintingin a circle around the base of the tree.  Needing more speed,
the champion wins a stupendous feat and keeps racing, building up speed.  One
more attempt, and another successful stupendous feat ... which the defending
champion uses to race around the base of the tree again, and then plow into the
attacking champion with a well-placed body ram.  The high rate of speed for
that turn produced a couple inches of collision knock-back, which sent the
defending champion toppling over the cliff into the river below.
Unfortunately, the defending champion failed her last stupendous feat, was
unable to catch her balance, and tumbled headlong into the river as well.

Ahhhh, so we do have some silliness!

-s