Re: I can't hear you ........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:34:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Way too quiet 'round here.

Makes me antsy.  And makes the days longer at work.

Somebody needs to bring up a topic for discussion.

Anybody?  Anybody?

-s

Prepare for a little stream of consciousness because I'm gonna be all over
the place . . .

It used to seem like Lego didn't want to have anything to do with licensing.
But now it seems like that's all they do; Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic
Park 3 etc, etc etc.  Now I'm not complaining, I like it, but I wanted to
know what everybody's theories or thoughts were on how they go about chosing
which properties to associate with.

Does anybody have a clue on how they pick their licenses?

Well in case they're running out of ideas. Here's some stuff. . . .

I love 80's TV, don't really like anything else from that period but TV was
awesome.  Sigh, 84-86 the golden years.

Model Team Vehicles from 80's shows:
- A-Team Van
- Airwolf
- Street Hawk
- Knight Rider

This would be an awesome series.  Since they are all retired now or in
syndication, I'm sure the licenses will be super cheap!!!

Themes based on 80's cartoons:
- GI Joe
- MASK
- Thundercats
- Transformers
- My Little Pony, er jus kiddin

Along the lines of Transformers I would love Lego to do some kinda of Mecha
theme.  Not all the crap they've released so far though. I don't really
consider those mechs.  And if they're gonna do mecha, I want really cool
joints that can hold weight.  Whether by friction or by ratcheting, I don't
care(ratcheting would be cool though).

But that's just me.  Mecha is probably too niche.

And I want to be able to build forest or really nice scenery.  Make it into
a theme called Lego Forest of something.  But a means to build larger trees
or complete forests easier. I always was fascinated by the tree house type
things that the ewoks lived in.  I'd love to recreate something like that
but the pieces to build such things are not readily available.  I mean Lego
seems to think that forests are minifig height or something.  And different
types of trees would be cool too.

Sorry for such a random post.  Hopefully someone will find something in here
worth discussing.

sun