 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1574 (-20)
  Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk

If you have Sci-Fi, they have a show about Jules Verne - it's not very good story-wise, but there's some decent special effects; it features things like giant airships, an underground drilling vehicle, a hover tank, a robot, etc. Also, Disney is (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Meeting theme building?

(...) I like your Mechanical and Monuments ideas. 'Monuments' is a nice general term. Reminds me of the art show TLC did with the assignment: Gateways. It produced a huge variety of things. Here are a few I thought of over coffee.. - Zoo: normal (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk

(...) Other examples might include: - Johnny Depp's character in "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" - Wild Wild West - actually, this movie is probably bad enough that you should only look at the box and check out the movie poster to get an idea of the (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk

(...) :-D Hey, somebody had to make a list like that. There wasn't one. But, yeah it's a shameless plug for LUGNET.. Equally shameless: I've been told that my list was *featured* by Amazon on their site :-) I wish there were more of those lists made (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk

(...) doh! I was probably zoning out. (it's all kinda fuzzy now..) Hm, were we both sitting the same distance away from the guy who was supposed to make decisions for us..? I'm sure he'll let us know. -Suz (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes: <snip> (...) Not a bad list. The canonical steam punk book may well be _The Difference Engine_ by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling though, since it delves into quite fantastical steam powered (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk

(...) Hmmm, perhaps there was Guinness in my ears, but ... My impression was that the Brikwars game on the 23rd (official announcement forthcoming) was going to be a medieval setting (without SP points) one, and that the Steampunk game was to be (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk

Info for folks: At the last NELUG meeting (5-15-01), it was suggested that an upcomming BrikWars game be set in a world of pumped-up past technology. The game has possibly been scheduled for the 4th weekend in June. Possibly to be at Jorge's house. (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk

(...) If you can build it using the BrikWars 2000 rules and *not* the Supernatural Powers Supplement, it's legal. For the record, that doesn't mean that "supernatural" things are not allowed. If you want to have magic as a part of your army, more (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Meeting theme building?

(...) This reminds me of a funny story. Well, funny for everybody else ... During junior/senior high school, we were occasionally blessed with snow days or teacher-conference days, or some other excuse not to go to school and to have the day off. (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  BrikWars: SteamPunk

Well, ever since I heard it, I've been mildly obsessed with the idea of BrikWars: Steampunk. While I've got all kinds of ideas floating around, I want -nay, *need*- to know if the plan involves any of the more "fantastic" weapon ideas. Airships, (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Meeting theme building?

(...) Sure that would be cool, although if we do it I think the catagories should be broad enough so that large creations are included but not required and small creations don't look out of place. The "auto show" was a good idea, and we need more (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Meeting theme building?

(...) Darn. -s (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Meeting theme building?

(...) I'd be into that. Unless it's WWII tanks. :-) -Suz (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Meeting theme building?

Hey guys... For some time, I've been mildly jealous of clubs that have the members all build something related and bring them to meetings- take, for example, the "auto show" at a recent japanese LUG's meeting: (URL) there be any interest from NELUG (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Last Minute Reminder ...

(...) Ah -- can't come after all. Oriental rug seminar thing at 10kv. (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Last Minute Reminder ...

(...) You know, you might think I was coming for the Lego, and I am, but I'm staying for the dwarf wrestling. Jonathan (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Last Minute Reminder ...

Hi all, Just a last minute news flash - there's a NELUG meeting this evening (that is, tonight, May 15th, 2001). Meet at the Construction Site whenever, and mosey on over to Bison County 'round about 7:00 for food, MOCs, chit-chat, and Greco-Roman (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Meeting on the 15th?

(...) Yup, the towers aren't new, other than a few details, but this will be the widest of its type. It's not a long bridge, but the cabling is stellar. It looks just odd enough for someone to need a few passes by to understand what's going on up (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: yay for us!

(...) Hey, awesome! Glad you guys pulled it off well... I remember you were thinking about houses when we got together in July... ;-) took you long enough. <grin> Congrats and enjoy the room for lego. ;-) -Shiri (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact