Re: train show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:11:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:

My husband and I  gave our 10 year old daughter  a 4561 for Chanukah this
year.  She is thrilled.  As a parent I can not over emphasize how nice it
was to have everything she needed to get started in one box for one price. I
don't know how many parents bring their children to these shows, I would
think a considerable number.  Seems to me, the easier a person perceives it
is to get up and running, the easier it is to draw him/her in.

Good points, I agree.  It would actually be a good idea, recruitment-wise,
to have examples of all the current train sets on hand  (think: Freight and
Crane Railway).  Except it sounds like they're all getting discontinued...

Most
train people are so beyond the beginning stage, I'm not sure you can
remember what it is like.

Good point, it's really hard for the experienced person to really remember
what it's like to be a beginner.

A display that Wows'em  starts the thinking/dreaming, but a 4561 can get
them building and hooked.    4561 on a notecard with the  S@H 1-800 # is a
simple doable answer for the parent that asks in a whisper while their child
is mesmerized by the display , "what set do I buy? and where can I buy it?"

Don't forget the URL for Brickwise, so they can find the bargains...

All I am really saying is that it could be nice to have a single 4561 built
per the actual instructions to show how easily and economically one can
start.  [The first purchase is the most difficult one.  After the initial
purchase stopping is the problem...]

Built would be nice.  Having a boxed (but open) set would be good.  Having
an empty box would be OK, but not as good.

Steve