Re: Contraption Wrapup / Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 04:14:52 GMT

To All,

Heh. How odd they state those things in the rules. They don't usually put
things in there unless it's been broken.

I think the main thing there is to avoid any *legal* ramifications, and to
have the individuals responsible instead of the contraption entity.I know
there was a rumbing at the last RNC convention when some youngin's (that is
late teens / early 20's) had too much of a party or something, and the RNC
had rules of conduct too, so anyway..

Hmm... I just looked through it. I have been having bad feelings about this
all week, but I am prepared to go. However, if we get there, and do not like
it, I think we will leave early. Trevor, Tony, and I, among others talked
about this as well. I also noticed it said no cameras, which is a bummer,
but I wills ee if as exibitors, will let us do so. We also have  few
underage folks among us, in which we will need to be looking out for a
little more.

No offense to any one, but I can defend myself.

I was more referring to any potential *legal* ramifications, since you are
under 18, I guess you would be considered under Chris's and mine  legal
bubble, since you are driving with me and stayig with Chris. I am pretty
sure nothing will happen, but that is my mentality. I know you can defend
yourself, but there are some moral and legal obligations I feel we need to
look up to. And something to consider for MichLUG's future events too.

I will not be able to bring
a camera because it is my parents... so Someone else will I guess.

I will bring one and see if they will let us take some pictures of our stuff
only.

I would see no problem in having you only be there for a few hours. Scott,
Trev and I will probably be bored out of our skulls anyways.

Well, as Trevor can verify, i can talk all day and all night, on just about
anything, so I am sure you will be sick of my voice by the end of the
weekend. : )

I am bringing my design notebook to work on some sketchs for fighters and
such. With all these space-heads here, I could probably design somethin good!

Good idea! Maybe I will bring some cards too. Uno, anyone? : )

Scott "going through his space stuff, ugh!" S.

Uh oh! That is a time-consumer!

Indeed. It took me a good three hours, and I got about half of it, I think.
We will have *LOTS* of fun sorting it out and displaying it!!!!!

BTW... Scott my parents inquired if you would be bringing me back (If that
is of no trouble). Could that be arranged for Sunday?

Well, since I am carting tony around, and since I am tsaking you there, I
guess we will be three's company! (in other words, yes! : ) )

I need to go to bed, I feel it will be a very LONG day for me......
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

Scott "About as ready as I will ever be" S.