Re: Contraption Wrapup / Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 02:47:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:
Peter & All,

Now I am concerned! : (

Let me put it this way: I started to get concerned when I read the rules for
the 'Con and saw that they addressed drug use and having sex with underage
persons.  (Maybe our argument about fundraising for a religion should have
been about being a draw for conventions instead!)
http://users.iglide.net/phoenix/contraption2001/rules2.htm

Heh. How odd they state those things in the rules. They don't usually put
things in there unless it's been broken.

Hmm... I just looked through it. I have been having bad feelings about this
all week, but I am prepared to go. However, if we get there, and do not like
it, I think we will leave early. Trevor, Tony, and I, among others talked
about this as well. I also noticed it said no cameras, which is a bummer,
but I wills ee if as exibitors, will let us do so. We also have  few
underage folks among us, in which we will need to be looking out for a
little more.

No offense to any one, but I can defend myself. I will not be able to bring
a camera because it is my parents... so Someone else will I guess.

Unrelated to this--related strictly to the fact that my sister and her
newborn daughter are staying with me for a couple days while her husband
gets down to Florida and gets their new house ready--I am not going to be
ready for Friday evening.  I need to spend Friday finishing (heh!) things on
my cruiser so I can bring it on Saturday.  Is it OK with people if I only
come for the show Saturday, or would you rather stick to stuff you can have
for the whole convention?

I would see no problem in having you only be there for a few hours. Scott,
Trev and I will probably be bored out of our skulls anyways.

Peter, I would love to have you come, even if it is just for a few hours. I
for one would love to see it.

If worse comes to worse folks, we can refocus our energy into GATS, and then
maybe work on a better space layout for Tony's "thingee". We shall see.

I am bringing my design notebook to work on some sketchs for fighters and
such. With all these space-heads here, I could probably design somethin good!

Scott "going through his space stuff, ugh!" S.

Uh oh! That is a time-consumer!

BTW... Scott my parents inquired if you would be bringing me back (If that
is of no trouble). Could that be arranged for Sunday?

Rick