Re: Contraption Wrapup / Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:43:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:
Kai,

This may sound stupid but when is Contraption?

The only thing stupid is the unasked question. : )

   Can I ask one?  Have any of the folks going to set this up
   ever been to a 'con (ConFusion, ConTraption, or ConClave)
   before?  If not, prepare to be, uh, surprised.  (Hint:  I'm
   considered *extremely* small-c conservative by ConTraption
   standards...ask around.)

   But it's a lot of fun all the same, especially if they have
   a good space to toss beanbag animals around.  Oh, and the
   ConSuite--free munchies and soda, all you can eat and drink!
   Alcohol is, of course, restricted to over-21s and co$ts.  :)

If it is a couple days away I may be able to attend, I have been devising a
plan to make one of the six Star Destoyer Laser turrets if that could help.

It is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I frankly don't know how long we will be
there.

   If you want to stay until Monday you can--they usually throw
   a Dead Dog Party at the end.  Attendance at that isn't as good
   as it has been in past years, though.

   I'll be very interested to hear how it goes--have a great time!

   best

   LFB