 Organizations / United States / 380
Re: Idea for ALL US LUGs (Big Regional Map)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 17:35:41 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote:

So anyway here is a little map that I threw together.  I made a general guess
as to the regions covered by each LUG so this should be looked on more as an
idea than something that has been made public.

http://www.nelug.org/images/uslugmap.gif

...I like! Tho I would draw all the LUGs as circles around their central meeting place
vice by state like that. We have members in WAMALUG who come down from Philly, and its
actually farther to come to DC/WAMALUG from Roanoke Va than it is for anyone there just to
go to NCLUG's meetings... Actually, come to think of it, circles isn't exactly perfect
either, since really its driving time that makes the difference as to whether someone
would come to a meeting at a given place...

...But if I had to define a 'region' to draw from for WAMALUG, it would be a rough oval
that stretches up to Philly and down to Norfolk... Much taller than wide. (roughly along
the i95 corridor).

...Perhaps each group should specify a 'center' of where they normally meet, and a rough
boundary of where their farthest members come in from. This would give us a better picture
of what's going on now and would prolly better guide new members to the real nearest
lug/ltc.

...but that's just me :-)

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com