 Organizations / United States / 379
Re: Idea for ALL US LUGs (Big Regional Map)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 17:16:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:
So anyway here is a little map that I threw together.  I made a general
guess
as to the regions covered by each LUG so this should be looked on more as an
idea than something that has been made public.
http://www.nelug.org/images/uslugmap.gif

I like it!

re: WAFOL -- I'm not sure if we WAFOLites have decided whether we're strictly
Wasatch area (basically northern Utah) or if anyone inside or outside the
state is welcome (which, really, they are :-)...  I guess I'm WAFOLing.  :-P

Well assuming this all works out each group will have to specify what there
regional preferance is (If I have it wrong) so that I can fix the map.

Anyway I would not presume that I think LUGNET should be the home for
such a map and I am perfectly happy to keep in on NELUG but if there were
concensis that this should be on LUGNET and Todd decided it was a good idea
I would be happy to maintain it here instead of on NELUG.
Anyway let me know if you think something would be a good idea.  If the
maintaining this on a regular basis as needed.

If there were a vote, I'd vote for hosting it on LUGNET.  A click-map would
rock, if it offered hyperlinks to the club pages on LUGNET.

Well I don't think there will be a vote.  Either Todd will decide it is worth
hosting on LUGNET or he won't.  Until then I will keep in on NELUG but I will
move it if that is an option.

A click-map would be very cool.  I don't have much experiance doing that
however so I will have to see what I can do.  At a very base level there will
at least be hyperlinks to each club below the map.

What's an LTC?  Lego Trading Club?

LEGO Train Club

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group