 Organizations / United States / 376
Re: Idea for ALL US LUGs (Big Regional Map)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 17:02:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Frank Filz writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:

http://www.nelug.org/images/uslugmap.gif

Sounds like a good idea. Some additional thoughts:

- Some of the LUGs are also effectively LTCs, so they should appear on
both maps.

Definitly,  NCLUG was definitly on the list for the LTC map as well as WAMALUG
more than likely.  I will probably try a few versions of the maps.  One that
combines the two groups as well as one for each type of group and let the
voting public decide which one they want.

- It might be a good idea to put black dots which show where
concentrations of members are (for example, NCLUG is primarily a
Raleigh/Durham group right now, but if a bunch of Charlotte people got
active, they would be welcome as part of the group). Actually, this
might be more important than the regions covered.

This is true to an extent.  NELUG is mostly a Boston/Eastern Mass. group right
now but anyone from the region is welcome.  The only think that worries me
about this is that we might scare some people off if they think they are to far
from a "central concentration" of members.  Thats one reason why I am
discontinueing the membership distribution stats from the NELUG site.  I was
thinking that the high number in Mass was pontentially scaring people off if
they thought everything happened in Mass.

Anyway I will consider it and if there is enough support for the idea I will
add it.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/